Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why do I always end up playing in churches?

Hey people! It's been a while. So our Goose Creek band (currently known as In The Mix) played at St. Thomas Catholic Church on Saturday. Trent was a little late but we managed to pull of some decent songs later in the performance. The earlier part was kind of bad. We were unprepared, and playing covers that I don't think any of us cared that much about. Once we got warmed up we sounded better though. We did end up playing covers of Man in the Box and Heart Shaped Box. Some guy that owns a venue showed up and wanted to hear us so we stayed longer and played some of the songs again for him. Here's us:

So I have a girlfriend now!! Her name is Lindsey and she goes to Academic Magnet as well and lives really close to me. Tonight we went to her church's band practice. She sings along with 3 or 4 other people. I felt kind of out of place. They had a lot of people (2 drummers, 1 bassist, 1 pianist/singer, 2 singers, 2 guitarists, and 1 guitarist/singer), so I just kind of jumped on a guitar and started playing chords along with the songs (with limited success). They have some really talented musicians. I grabbed my friend Nick's bass afterward and jammed with Dan the guitarist/singer guy for like 10 minutes. He really knows what he's doing. And right now I'm listening to some Wolfmother. And that's what I've been up to. I need to get back to writing songs. And writing a senior thesis...

No comments:

Post a Comment